Monday, May 23, 2011

Mexican Flair

This is my go to meal which I had sort of forgot I had the past few months! I resurrected it tonight! Sandra Lee's Semi Home Cooking is great for meals, drinks and desserts in a flash. Tonight I made her Chorizo Taquitos and I usually make a pitcher of her Beer Margaritas but with Cinco de Mayo still in recent memory I only had a beer.


Chorizo Taquito Recipe (my comments and tweaks are in red!)

1 - 16 oz., bulk package of beef chorizo sausage, casings removed (I have never been able to find beef chorizo sausage. If you know where to buy, let me know! Usually I go to Whole Foods or Vince & Joe's and ask to have chorizo seasoning mixed into ground beef. I have never had a problem with the request and they do not charge extra! If that isn't an option, you could always mix taco or fajita seasoning into your beef.)
1 cup Medium Salsa, drained
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
6 fajita flour shells
Guacamole and Sour Cream for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, brown the meat (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat and drain oil from skillet. Stir in salsa and cheese.
2. Place 1 shell on a clean work surface. Spoon 1/4 cup of the mixture into the center of the tortilla. Fold in half and roll. Secure with toothpicks and place on foil covered baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
3. Bake for 15-18 minutes until tortillas are golden brown. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.

I usually also serve this with rice and a pitcher of beer margaritas. Enjoy my easy meal!
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment