Monday, June 27, 2011

Pineapple Stuffed Pork

This post has been a few weeks in the making. Summer makes me not want to be near my computer, pretty obvious, right? I had some extra pineapple from a fruit salad and Sam's had a great deal on pork tenderloin. This recipe is a little reminiscent of my first post with spinach stuffed pork tenderloin. Asparagus and grilled pineapple were my side dishes.

I totally made this recipe up so my measurements might be a little off. Just remember, add whatever you feel like at that moment. I'm sure it will be delicious. If not, you can always order a pizza! Speaking of pizza, I might have to make that soon.

Pineapple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin


2 Pork tenderloins
Seasoning for marinade
1 1/2 cups pineapple, diced
1 tbsp parsley
Salt & Pepper

1. Butterfly the pork by making a 1 inch deep cut down the center of each tenderloin. Open the tenderloin on this cut and cover with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound the tenderloin from the middle out. Season and let marinate for 1-2 hours. I marinated in Caribbean seasoning with Orange Juice.
2. Mix pineapple and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Soak toothpicks in water.
3. On a clean surface, lay each tenderloin out. Spread mixture down center. Roll tenderloin and secure with toothpicks.

4. Grill or bake (@350) until pork has reached 145 degrees. Remove from grill or oven and let rest for 3-5 minutes before cutting.

My wine selection for the evening was a Chardonnay with hints of citrus. Enjoy!
~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment